Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Yes, it is that time of year already! Time to winterize your home for the winter season. Below are 10 simple steps in making sure your home is ready for the winter months. Hope these tips help you to stay warm. Happy Holidays from everyone at MySecretAgent!
- Clean Out Gutters- Clogged drains can form ice dams which water backs up, freezes and causes water to seep into the house. Making sure the gutters are cleaned out will help prevent this from happening.
- Block Leaks- One of the best ways to winterize your home is to block obvious leaks around your house, both inside and out.
- Insulation- Add insulation to the existing insulation in the attic. This is an inexpensive project that you can do and reap the benefits in your heating bill!
- Check the Furnace- Turn your furnace on, to make sure it's even working, before it is to late.
- Check Your Ducts- Ducts aren't always easy to see, but you can often find them exposed in the attic, the basement and crawlspaces. Repair places where pipes are pinched, which impedes flow of heated air to the house, and fix gaps with a metal-back.
- Windows- It is the time to take down the window screens and put up storm windows, which provide an extra layer of protection and warmth for the home.
- Chimney- Spring is the time to think about your chimney. That said, don't put off your chimney needs before using your fireplace. a chimney should at least be inspected before use each year
- Reverse the Fan- Reversing its direction from the summer operation, the fan will push warm air downward and force it to recirculate, keeping you more comfortable.
- Wrap the Pipes- Before freezing nights hit, make sure that the water to your hose bibs is shut off inside your house. Wrap them with pre-molded foam rubber sleeves or fiberglass insulation, available at hardware stores.
- Finally, check those alarms- This is a great time to check the all alarms and change the batteries. Also, invest in a carbon-monoxide detector; every home should have at least one.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
A Flat Fee listing is the modern way to sell your home. Listing with MySecretAgent, a flat fee brokerage, gives sellers the advantage of saving thousands in commissions. Flat Fee Listing Brokerage refers to the practice of a licensed real estate agent placing pertinent information about a property for sale on the MLS. Every state requires a licensed agent to list a home on the MLS therefore giving traditional agents the upper hand. A flat fee brokerage will get you listed on the MLS without paying listing commission fees, saving on average of $12,000!
Not having to pay a listing commission can give a seller negotiation room in the listing price. This will create more traffic and leads in selling a home because it allows a seller to price better than their competition. In today’s market there are many advantages to listing with a flat fee brokerage.
MySecretAgent, a Flat fee listing brokerage, will list a home the MLS giving sellers Internet exposure to local and national websites. Sellers have the option of receiving listing tools, like with a traditional agent, such as a keybox, CMA, directional signs etc. Flat fee listing allows sellers to be in control of their listing. Besides, who knows a home better than the seller?
With a flat fee listing brokerage the seller is the primary contact to all real estate agents and potential buyers. Sellers can make appointments to show there home based on their schedule and answer any question about their home. Since owners know their home better than anyone else they will be able to answer questions, etc. In the result of an offer, the seller will negotiate with the buyer and/or the buyer’s real estate agent. Not to worry, negations during this process seem scarier than it real is. When a seller does receive an offer please read our “What to do When I Receive An Offer” article, this will help organize the seller.
MySecretAgent is pleased to announce that we are offering our services in Oregon. Homeowners in Oregon can take advantage of selling there home themselves and save thousands. We will list you on the local RMLS, the same MLS traditional agents use. The listing process is done online in one easy step. Call us for a FREE market anaysis today!
Monday, November 14, 2011
MySecretAgent strives to give our clients the best possible product. A new trend is emerging and we are proud to announce that our custom signs now display a QR code to easily direct buyers directly to the seller. A QR code is a type of two dimensional barcode a smart-phone can scan that will directly lead someone to a particular webpage. Our QR code leads buyers to our Feature Page.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
MySecretAgent allows savvy homeowners to sell there home without paying a listing commission fee. We provide the tools to effectively sell your home and maximize your profit. See what sets MySecretAgent apart from other flat fee brokerages:
24 Hour Access: We allow a homeowner to be in control of their listing 24 hours a day. You can change the price, photos, description, etc any time. With our Full Package all changes are free.
List Online: We make it easy to list in ONE easy step. Once list you list online all documents are emailed to you automatically. Please look over our “ How To List My Home” article for more info on listing online.
Turn- around Time: MySecretAgent will list you by the next business day we receive signed documents.
Customer Service: We answer our phone calls! Our staff is available to answer any questions you should have. We have a great reputation in being helpful and informative. Our business hours are Monday- Friday 9am-7pm.
Knowledgeable Staff: MySecretAgent strives to serve our clients through superior knowledge, service and support. We look over all documents prior to listings on the MLS to ensure the best chances in selling your home with us.
Internet Exposure: Listing with MySecretAgent will give all sellers local and National Internet exposure. All listings will be displayed on Realtor.com and more.
Post & Sign: MySecretAgent does more than list you on the MLS. With our Extended and Full Packages we offer a custom sign and post. The post is installed by the next business day of receiving signed documents. Our CUSTOM sign has your phone number and MLS# printed directly on it!
Commission: MySecretAgent does not collect commission even if the buyer comes to us first. We ALWAYS send sellers any leads without any hesitation.
Leads: If a buyer and/or agent come to MySecretAgent first we ALWAYS send the seller the leads. We feature ALL listings on our website with the sellers email and phone number.
CMA: Upon request, MySecretAgent will send sellers a free report on the recent activity in their neighborhood. We give sellers all the tools to effectively sell their home.
Tools: We offer the same tools any traditional agent would offer in selling a home. You many choose as many tools you feel will help sell your home.
MLS: Your property will be listed on the local MLS allowing access to all licensed agents. The property will propagate to local and national websites for extra Internet exposure.
Documents: Upon request, MySecretAgent offers a purchase and sales contract in case the buyer does not have one.
Effective: MySecretAgent makes listing your home as effective as possible- from the 24 hour access to your account, listing tools and knowledgeable staff. We are dedicated to offer professional services to help you sell your home, but most importantly maximize your profit.
We at MySecretAgent.com strive to serve our clients through superior knowledge, service and support. Whether you are already a client, or you are a homeowner who is interested in our services, we are here to answer any questions via phone or Email.