- Disclosure Form: This form is emailed to you automatically when you list with MySecretAgent. This includes any documentation of anything that might impact a buyer’s decision about your home, whether it be inspection reports, repair receipts or estimates for repairs you haven’t actually had done yet.
- Financials Documents: Before the property’s title can transfer to another owner, the escrow or title company will need your mortgage statements to order payoff demands from any mortgage holder who has to get paid before that can happen.
- Preliminary Title: Open a preliminary title at an escrow company of your choice. This will get the ball rolling for when you do get a mutually accepted offer.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
5 Tips in Getting Your Home Sold 2012
It's that time of year when owners start thinking of selling their homes. If selling your home is one of your 2012 resolutions here are a few tips to set your self up for success.
1. Study the market: You want to know the homes that are comparable to yours and be in the same price range. Most homes that are successful in selling are priced right from the get go! You want to know what makes your home stand out from your competition as well. Do some homework and study the market- it will pay off in the end. If you need some assistance in what is on the market and what sold in your neighborhood call or email MySecretAgent.com for a FREE comparative market analysis (CMA).
2. Crub Appeal: You only have one time to make a great first impression. Make sure your home is appealing from the curb. A home with curb appeal will attract buyers to take a look inside.
3. Prep your home: To make your home appear larger remove all clutter. When buyers walk through the front of your home they want to see clean spacious area that affords them plenty of living space. Depersonalize, remove family photos; a buyer may get distracted looking at family photos or knickknacks preventing them looking at your beautiful home.
4. Paperwork: Gather your paperwork now for a smooth transaction when your home does sell.
5. Marketing: By now you have priced your home right, your home is appealing from the curb, the inside is de-cluttered and your paperwork is gathered. The last step is making sure to choose photos that highlight your home in the best way. Because you are saving money listing with MySecretAgent I would recommend sellers getting professional photos. Buyers are looking at many homes a day. You want your listing to stand out from the rest.